Cardinals RB David Johnson (injured reserve, wrist) said his rehab is “going great.”
“Just got my cast, it’s going good, wrist is feeling great,” Johnson said, via AzCardinals.com. “We’ll see how it goes.”
As for his return, Johnson didn’t offer a timetable and just said he plans to “wait and see how it heals.”
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told SiriusXM NFL radio Wednesday night that the “earliest” Johnson would return would be Thanksgiving when they host the Jaguars.
- Assuming Johnson is able to return at that point, he would be available for the team’s final six games of the season.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano told reporters on Thursday that the plan for QB Andrew Luck is to have him put in some work today and Saturday. (Stephen Holder)
- From there, the Colts, plan to integrate Luck into 7 on 7 drills with the scout team while taking 5-6 snaps and running the Titans’ offense.
- Luck later told reporters that he and the team have no plans to rush him back onto the field: “It would be foolish to get close to the finish line and start skipping steps.” (Zak Keefer)
- In regards to how his arm feels, Luck said: “It feels different, like it’s still finding its way a little bit again. And so certain things feel better, some things (still feel like) it’s finding its way. It’s a process and we’re still in the process of getting it where it needs to be. “(Zak Keefer)
- Following the news that Cowboys DT Stephen Paea is retiring from the NFL (NFLTR), HC Jason Garrett told reports that his decision was “all about not being able to play any more to the level he felt like he wanted to play at.” (Jon Machota)
While Falcons WR Julio Jones (hip flexor) has been limited during practice, he explained that the “limited’ tag doesn’t mean much and he’ll be ready to go for Week 6’s game against the Dolphins.
“I feel great,” Jones said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. “We just have a plan here. I’ve been doing it the whole year so limited means really nothing. I’m ready. I’ll be ready to go.”