“I think my realization that the window is closing and my career is not going to go on for a long time, that has changed a little of my approach,” Palmer said. “I’ve always been pretty intense, but I think everybody gets to that point where you realize, man, I only have a couple left. That definitely has changed me a little bit.”
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones explained that their plan is to start Joseph Randle on Sunday, and get Darren McFadden involved a couple series later. (Jon Machota)
- From there, Christine Michael should get a few opportunities before they go with the “hot hand” from there. (Jon Machota)
- Peter King of MMQB mentioned that the Panthers reaching out to the Redskins regarding WR Andre Roberts as a potential trade idea that would make sense for Carolina.
- King expects there to be some receivers available at the trade deadline this year.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned that RB Fred Jackson is likely to play on Sunday, and they could make move to add RB Rod Smith from their practice squad. (Bob Condotta)
- Peter King was asked what the Seahawks can do to fix their offensive line issues to which King suggested exploring a trade with either the Cowboys or the Ravens for an offensive lineman.
- King added that getting TE Jimmy Graham involved in the short passing game could also help them moving forward.
- Dale Lolley of the Observer-Reporter writes that with WR Martavis Bryant practicing sparingly this week, it’s looking more and more likely that the Steelers will hold him out of Week 5’s game.
- Lolley mentions that Pittsburgh doesn’t have to activate him from suspension this week.