Cardinals GM Steve Keim said the team will be “aggressive” in free agency and that they will try to address any position of need this offseason.
“There isn’t any position, if we feel we can significantly upgrade that spot, that we won’t either draft a player or sign a player in free agency,” Keim said, via Darren Urban of the Cardinals’ official site. “You can have a solid offense and defense, but depth is, to me, where you can really make a difference in the NFL.”
Keim believes that the Cardinals regressed last season but he plans to be proactive about improving their roster.
“We’ll certainly be aggressive and keep our foot on the gas pedal, try to keep pushing this thing in the right direction,” said Keim. “There’s no doubt we took a step back last year. We’ve got to pick up the pieces and make some good decisions this offseason.”
- Todd Archer of ESPN thinks the Cowboys would move forward with OL Joe Looney in the event G Jonathan Cooper signs with a new team on the open market.
- Although Archer expects the Cowboys to try and re-sign Cooper, he expects Cooper to take a starting job with another team if an opportunity surfaces.
- Archer believes that too many people are writing off Cowboys RT Doug Free and still considers him to be a serviceable player. Beyond that, releasing Free would leave an immediate hole on the team’s offensive line.
- Archer suggests Wisconsin T Ryan Ramczyk as someone the Cowboys could consider with the No. 28 overall pick if they’re looking for right tackle help.
- Archer writes that impending free agent QB Kellen Moore is “absolutely” still an option for the Cowboys due to his relationship with OC Scott Linehan. Beyond that, Archer could still see Dallas signing a veteran free agent quarterback or grabbing a prospect in this year’s draft.
Jeff Zrebeic of the Baltimore Sun names 10 players that could draw interest from the Ravens at the NFL Combine, including:
- Tennessee OLB Derek Barnett
- FSU RB Dalvin Cook
- Western Michigan WR Corey Davis
- Alabama ILB Reuben Foster
- Ohio State S Malik Hooker
- Washington CB Sidney Jones
- Michigan S Jabrill Peppers
- Florida CB Teez Tabor
- Clemson WR Mike Williams
- Alabama OLB Tim Williams