- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters on Monday that they will be bringing in a free agent punter tomorrow for a workout. (Mike Jurecki)
Dolphins C Mike Pouncey (hip) that he’s still unsure if he will be able to return this season.
“You’ve got to ask coach [Adam] Gase that one,” Pouncey said, via the Miami Herald. “I don’t know. We’ll see how it goes.”
Pouncey added that his left hip “feels good” and that he’s making progress overall, but is still day-to-day.
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase told reporters on Monday that LB Kiko Alonso had surgery for a broken thumb, but there’s still a chance he could be back next week. (Hal Habib)
- According to Armando Salguero, Alonso has told friends and family that he wants to play on Sunday.
Giants WR Victor Cruz mentioned that he plans to speak with HC Ben McAdoo regarding his role in their offense after he was limited to playing just 26-of-60 snaps on Sunday.
“We’ll see how it goes (Tuesday) when I step into work and have a conversation with Coach (Ben McAdoo), which I plan on doing,” Cruz said, via Dan Duggan of NJ.com. “We’ll take it from there. But I’m not angry. I’m not a disgruntled employee. I’m not like, ‘Screw this.’ I’m a team guy first and I just want to make sure that everybody’s interests are at heart.”
- Rob Demovsky reports that Packers DL Mike Pennel‘s appeal hearing on his suspension has been postponed from Dec. 6.
- As of now, there’s no date set for his appeal hearing but his request to have a third arbitrator has been approved.
“We got ahead of ourselves on Kelvin,” Rivera said, per Steve Reed. “Maybe we did get him out there too soon, too much.“