- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN believes Jaron Brown‘s play and reliability should be enough for him to supplant J.J. Nelson as the team’s No. 4 receiver at some point.
- Although, Weinfuss admits that Nelson’s big-play ability is likely the reason that the Cardinals have him as their No. 4 receiver.
Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan mentioned that he’s enjoyed getting other players involved in their offense outside of Pro Bowl WR Julio Jones.
“It’s been nice,” Shanahan said, via ESPN.com. “Teams are going to have to do something to Julio, with how good Julio is. And everyone knows that. You really hope Ju is one on one, and you feel pretty good about those matchups. But it’s nice when he’s not and he’s got some bad looks, there’s a lot of other opportunities out there at the tight-end position, the receiver position and the running-back position.
“You’ve got other guys who have made plays. It makes it easier. You don’t have to force it into tough looks. You can go where the coverage tells you. And when you do that, it kind of balances the field out and makes Ju’s catches a little more valuable. You might not have the same numbers for Ju and stuff, but I think the result ends up improving the offense.”
- Although Jones is listed as questionable for Week 3, he said that he will play in Monday night’s game. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said fourth-round LB De’Vondre Campell (ankle) and ILB Paul Worrilow (groin) have been declared out for Week 3.
- Jim Wyatt expects second-round RB Derrick Henry to start getting more carries in the “not-so-distant” future, but DeMarco Murray will continue to start at runningback.
- Wyatt also believes the Titans will begin taking more chances on deep passes with QB Marcus Mariota.