Cardinals GM Steve Keim mentioned that they’ve spoken to Darnell Dockett and his agent about reworking his contract.
“We’ve had a lot of dialogue with Darnell Dockett and agent and hopefully we can come to an agreement on deal,” Keim said, per Darren Urban.
- Regarding the idea of Osi Umenyiora returning to the Giants this year, Dan Graziano puts the odds at “somewhere under 50 percent.” Although, he doesn’t think they’re close to zero.
- Steve Reed of the Associated Press has confirmed that the Panthers have informed OT Byron Bell that he will not be re-signed.
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said regarding retaining WR Torrey Smith: “We have a history of retaining our own players.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome didn’t offer any specifics regarding talks with DL Haloti Ngata and CB Lardarius Webb. (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome mentions that they will try to retain free agent RB Justin Foresett. (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome said they are taking a “wait-and-see” approach with TE Dennis Pitta, but expects to add some tight ends this offseason. (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome said that first-round pick S Matt Elam “has to be a better football player for us next year, he has to be.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Wilson mentions that with Ravens’ public stance on players with domestic violence issues, Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham may not be an option for them.
- John Harbaugh said that free agent TE Owen Daniels has expressed an interest in returning to the Ravens next year. (Jamison Hensley)