Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu was unclear about his role heading into Week 1 and was hesitant when asked if he is fully recovered from his ACL injury.
“I’ll be out there,” Mathieu said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “So, we’ll see.”
Regardless, it appears clear that Mathieu will play in the regular season opener.
“I’m just excited to get back out there,” Mathieu said. “Obviously, playing in front of the entire world, I’m just ready to show people how much work I’ve been putting in.”
- The Jaguars announced that DE Jared Odrick has cleared the NFL’s concussion protocol and is set to play in Week 1.
The Washington Redskins have listed the following players as questionable for Monday night’s Week 1 game:
- WR Josh Doctson (Achilles)
- DE Kendall Reyes (groin)
- RB Matt Jones (shoulder)
- G Spencer Long (ankle)
- NT Kedric Golston (back)
- The Steelers declared WR Markus Wheaton (shoulder) out for Week 1 against the Redskins. (Ed Bouchette)
- Steelers DE Cam Heyward (ankle) said he is “definitely” going to play in Monday night’s game. (Jeremy Fowler)
- In addition to Wheaton, FB Roosevelt Nix (back), OL Cody Wallace (knee), and CB Senquez Golson (foot) have also been ruled out.