- Mike Jurecki reports that the Cardinals are looking at free agent guards and centers.
- According to Jurecki, Cardinals G Paul Fanaika will test the free agent market and could have a couple suitors.
Brian Costello of the New York Post offers some of his takeaways regarding the Jets after speaking to people at the Combine.
- The Jets are prioritizing the cornerbacks position and are expected to be one of the “primary suitors” for Seahawks free agent Byron Maxwell.
- NFL agents are reportedly aware how desperate the Jets are for cornerbacks, which could force them to overpay to sign free agents.
- New York is reportedly “very high” on LSU’s Jalen Collins and Wake Forest’s Kevin Johnson and could grab one of them in the second round.
- Costello is convinced the Jets will either take QB Marcus Mariota or a pass rusher at the No. 6 overall, but WR Amari Cooper could complicate the situation.
- According to Costello, ILB David Harris is their No. 1 free agent.
- Sources tell Costello that they believed the Jets need to hold on to WR Percy Harvin and see how he does in Chan Gailey’s system.
- David Newton of ESPN writes that the Panthers decision to release veteran RB DeAngelo Williams doesn’t mean they’ll use their No. 25 overall pick on a running back.
- Newton admits that Carolina could consider a running back at a later point in the draft, but just not in round one.
- As for potential options in the middle rounds, Newton suggests: Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah, Miami’s Duke Johnson, and Boise State’s Jay Ajayi.
- ESPN’s Bill Williamson expects the Raiders to make a run at Broncos DT Terrance Knighton, LB Nate Irving, and possibly TE Julius Thomas this offseason.