- ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that there is no question that Jets GM Mike Maccagnan will lose his job if he blows another quarterback pick.
- According to Cimini, there are some within the Jets who want them to go the safe route and sign a free agent such as Kirk Cousins.
- Cimini fully expects the Jets to express interest in Cousins if he ends up being available but he isn’t sure they would get into a bidding war for him.
- If New York doesn’t come away with a quarterback in free agency, Cimini says they may have to pay the exorbitant price to trade up for a quarterback in the draft.
- We have Cousins featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Vic Tafur of The Athletic writes that Tom Cable‘s return to Oakland increases the chance that Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch will return for the 2018 season given that the two have a “strong relationship” that was formed in Seattle.