NFL Notes: Cardinals, Jets, Redskins
- Mike Florio or Pro Football Talk writes that there’s still a chance Eagles DC Jim Schwartz could be hired as the Cardinals’ next head coach.
- Arizona has started the second round of interviews, but they are still waiting to meet with some coaching including Patriots DC Brian Flores and Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo, who are both working for teams that are still in the playoffs like Schwartz.
- Here’s the latest regarding the Cardinals’ head-coaching search: (NFLTR)
- Rich Cimini mentions that Louisville QB Lamar Jackson could be an interesting day-two or day-three option for the Jets.
- Cimini doesn’t think the Jets next offensive coordinator will have an impact on who the team drafts at No. 6 overall.
- Sticking with the team’s offensive coordinator search, Cimini mentions that HC Todd Bowles could be waiting until after the Championship games to see if Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo is available.
- As for Todd Haley possibly ending up with the Jets, Cimini has been told “it’s not likely to happen.”
- While Jets WR Robby Anderson was arrested for the second time in as many years on Friday (NFLTR), Cimini’s gut tells him that Bowles will give Anderson another shot.
- John Keim of ESPN writes that Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland‘s asking price would have to come down for him to return to Washington.
- Keim does not think the team will re-sign impending free-agent S DeAngelo Hall and they will instead focus on building their depth behind D.J. Swearinger and Montae Nicholson.
- Though Keim believes the Redskins will consider re-signing DT Phil Taylor, he expects them to pursue additional interior pass rushers.
- According to Keim, the Redskins have discussed re-signing Will Compton and they would like to bring back pass rushers Junior Galette and Trent Murphy. Although, Keim adds that Galette was unhappy with his playing time last season and it is “hard to imagine” that changing if he’s back in Washington.
- As for the receiver position, Keim says that the Redskins want a “speedy receiver” to pair with Josh Doctson and he “can’t image” Terrelle Pryor returning next season.
- We have Breeland, Galette, and Pryor featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Tags Bashaud Breeland D.J. Swearinger DeAngelo Hall Fabian Moreau Josh Doctson Josh Holsey Junior Galette Kendall Fuller Montae Nicholson Phil Taylor Quinton Dunbar Terrelle Pryor Trent Murphy will compton