- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said that RT Jared Veldheer‘s left knee is “sore” and the team will see how he does in Wednesday’s practice before determining his status. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Arians added that the team will also continue to evaluate DT Corey Peters (Achilles) in practice.
- Arians is “hopeful” that LT D.J. Humphries and LG Alex Boone will play Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers.
- Cardinals RB David Johnson (wrist) said that he does not have a timetable for his return. (Darren Urban)
- Arans went on to say that recently acquired RB Adrian Peterson will not play on third downs. (Josh Weinfuss)
Rams WR Sammy Watkins admitted that he’s frustrated with his small role in the team’s offense.
“As a player, of course you’re going to be frustrated,” Watkins said, via the Los Angeles Daily News. “I don’t know a player, a wide receiver, that’s not frustrated throughout the game if you’re not getting the ball. Each week, it could change. They had certain coverage that kind of took me out of the game, and that’s part of the game.”
While Watkins is in line to be an unrestricted free agent after this season, he says money won’t be a major factor in where he ends up.
“No, I think I’ve got enough money,” Watkins said. “I just want to have fun and ball. I want to be a part of this team. It’s a great team. I know where they’re about to be at [in terms of success]. I just want to be a part of it and make plays and score touchdowns.”
- Titans QB Marcus Mariota said “I feel a lot better” in regards to his hamstring injury and is hopeful to play in Week 6’s Monday Night game. (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey also said he is hopeful Mariota will be available and indicated that the quarterback was able to do more in Tuesday’s practice. (Terry McCormick)
- Mularkey mentioned that Mariota must be able to “move and protect himself” in order to play. (Terry McCormick)
- Titans have ruled out first-round WR Corey Davis (hamstring) from Week 6.
- Though Titans LT Taylor Lewan (knee) did not practice on Tuesday, Mularkey believes he will “push” to play.