“They wanted me,” Keenum said.
While Vikings HC Mike Zimmer wasn’t willing to commit to Keenum being his starter moving forward until later on in the season, Keenum says that nothing has changed for him and he’s still taking things week-to-week.
“It’s blinders, taking it one week at a time,” Keenum says. “There is no point in looking left or right or behind me. I’m going to look forward and do my job.”
We have Keenum featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys G Jonathan Cooper underwent knee surgery last week for a MCL sprain he sustained during the team’s season finale against the Eagles.
- According to Archer, Cooper should be ready for a portion of an offseason program.
- It’s worth mentioning that Cooper will be an unrestricted free agent in the coming months.
- Archer also reports that Colts WRs coach Sanjay Lal is interviewing with the Cowboys.
“Looking at what they had done with Teddy Bridgewater in Minnesota, there are some similar styles in terms of the zone-read action, and then the prolific [passing] style going to three, five and seven-step drops,” Rivera said. “But Cam is unique. He is his own player. I know he’ll have Cam do what he does best, but I think his skill set will fit very nicely with what Coach Turner wants.”
- Ben Volin. citing a league source, reports that the Vikings plan to dress Sam Bradford (knee, injured reserve) for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said he thinks Bradford is ready to play, but admitted that it’s hard to tell from the limited snaps he’s received in five practices. (Ben Goessling)
- As of now, Zimmer said they haven’t made a decision regarding whether Bradford will dress on Sunday.
- Sources who have spoken to Ben Goessling believe Teddy Bridgewater will be the Vikings’ No. 2 quarterback on Sunday based on this week’s practices.
- Andrew Krammer mentions that a source within the Vikings doesn’t believe Bradford will be active Sunday, despite the earlier report and the fact that Zimmer left the door open.
- Bridgewater said of his health: “I’m feeling great. Yeah, I’m definitely 100 percent.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Regarding the report that Bradford could be active this weekend, Bridgewater said: “I don’t know. So I’ll just leave it at that.” (Chris Tomasson)