Home / Jets / NFL Notes: Chad Kelly, Sheldon Richardson, Jets & Vikings
NFL Notes: Chad Kelly, Sheldon Richardson, Jets & Vikings
- Ole Miss announced that senior QB Chad Kelly has a torn ACL and lateral meniscus and will undergo season-ending surgery. (Ralph D. Russo)
- Matt Miller of B/R says that he would be surprised if Kelly is drafted at all considering the injury, character and off-the-field concerns surrounding him.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN would be surprised if the Jets do not trade DL Sheldon Richardson before the 2017 draft.
- Sources tell Cimini that Richardson won’t command the first-round pick the Jets are reportedly looking for but they may be able to get a second-round selection.
- An AFC executive explained that the Jets will likely have to take a discount for Richardson due to a number of factors: “The suspensions would be an issue for external interest. The combination of that, and the contract you might pay him, may give the buyer a discount. But I could see it being similar to the Jamie Collins situation, where they get what they would’ve gotten in the compensatory market.“
- Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick told reporters after Sunday’s game that he’s undergoing an MRI on his left knee on Monday.
- Michael Lombardi mentioned earlier in the day that the Vikings didn’t just make the Sam Bradford trade for one season and he expects them to be “Bradford’s team” moving forward.
- When Teddy Bridgewater is healthy, Lombardi believes he could be a trade consideration for Minnesota.
Tags Chad Kelly Ryan Fitzpatrick Sam Bradford Sheldon Richardson Teddy Bridgewater