Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers, Texans
NFL Notes: Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers, Texans
- Terez A. Paylor reports that the Chiefs expressed interest in re-signing QB Nick Foles. However, Kansas City would only be able to retain him if both sides can agree to a suitable price.
- According to Brandon George, the Cowboys are not currently pursuing a contract extension with free agent S J.J. Wilcox, who has scheduled visits with other teams.
- Todd Archer of ESPN notes that trading QB Tony Romo would create $19.6 million in dead money and create $5.1 million in cap space for 2017, but would not count any money against the 2018 cap.
- If the Cowboys were to designate Romo as a post-June 1 cut, it would create $10.7 million in dead money for 2017 and another $8.9 million next year.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, teams went to check on the injury status of Packers free agent G T.J. Lang prior to signing him since he underwent surgery on his hip this offseason.
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Packers have offered a contract to re-sign free agent OLB Jayrone Elliott, but was not tendered a contract as a restricted free agent.
- Demovsky also reports that “multiple” teams are interested in Elliott.
- Sarah Barshop of ESPN, citing a source within the Texans, said the team was “never interested” in signing free agent RB Adrian Peterson.
- According to her source, the Texans “never once talked about him” and that any rumored interest was generated by Peterson mentioning Houston as a team he would consider back in January.
Tags Adrian Peterson J.J. Wilcox Jayrone Elliott Lawrence Guy Nick Foles T.J. Lang Tony Romo