Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: Chargers, Colts, Falcons, Jets, & Panthers
NFL Notes: Chargers, Colts, Falcons, Jets, & Panthers
- Field Yates reports that Falcons OT Jake Long‘s one-year deal has a “play-and-pay structure” which includes no guaranteed money, a base salary of $1.17 million, $400,000 in total per-game roster bonuses, and $1 million in incentives.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN does not believe it would be prudent for the Jets to start QB Geno Smith in his first game back from recovering from the broken jaw he sustained in Aug., whenever that may be.
- HC Todd Bowles said that rookie WR Devin Smith (ribs) will be a game-day decision for Week 2. Cimini notes that Smith has been practicing “without restriction” for the past two weeks.
- Cimini expects Smith to take the No. 3 receiver role upon his return from injury.
- The Panthers officially ruled out MLB Luke Kuechly (concussion)for Week 2 game against the Texans.
- This will be the first regular season game that Kuechly has missed in his four-year career.
- Panthers signed OT Pierce Burton to their practice squad.
- Panthers released WR Damiere Byrd from the practice squad.
Tags Adrian Phillips Damiere Byrd Jake Long Jonathan Newsome Luke Kuechly Pierce Burton T.Y. Hilton