- Chargers rookie ILB Denzel Perryman left Sunday’s game with his right arm in a sling.
- According to Michael Gehlken, Perryman has a biceps injury, and the concern right now is that he has a potential tear. Gehlken adds that Perryman will undergo further testing on Monday.
- Chargers G Orlando Franklin, who was carted off with a knee injury, declined to talk with reporters after the game. interview post-game. Gehlken mentions that Franklin could barely walk.
Cowboy owner Jerry Jones told reporters after Sunday’s loss to the Giants that he anticipates QB Tony Romo returning from his broken collarbone for their Week 10 game against the Buccaneers, per Adam Schefter.
However, while Jones would like to get Romo back in Week 10, he won’t be eligible to return until Week 11 after Dallas elected to place him on the short-term injured reserve list.
This means their match up against the Dolphins is a more likely return date for Romo.
- Jones was asked about his confidence in Cassel as their starter over the next few weeks: “If you’re asking me if I’m confident that Cassel can help us win several of the next ballgames, I don’t know that.” (Mark Maske)
- Eagles LT Jason Peters was carted off with a lower back injury during Sunday night’s game against the Panthers.
- The team later announced that Peters won’t return to the game, due to lower back spasms.
- Peters looked to have possibly sustained a serious injury, but this appears to be a positive sign for him.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that with Texans RB Arian Foster due to make $6.5 million next season, and suffering a reported Achilles tear, it’s possible that Houston could try to get him to take a pay out or simply cut him.
- Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com also wonders if this could be the last we see of Foster in a Texans’ uniform.