- CB Brandon Flowers was working with the second-team defense on Thursday. (Eric Williams)
- First-round pick CB Jason Verrett opened training camp with the first-team defense. (Eric Williams)
- Cowboys placed DE Anthony Spencer and G Ronald Leary on the active/PUP list. (NFLTR PUP/NFI Tracker)
- Cowboys placed DT Amobi Okoye on the active/NFI list. (NFLTR PUP/NFI Tracker)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul mentioned he’s now “110 percent” after dealing with back issues in 2013. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Second-year QB Geno Smith opened Jets’ camp as the starter, which was expected.
- QB Michael Vick received just four of the 13 total first-team reps. (Brian Costello)
- QB Cam Newton has been fully cleared for training camp. (Joe Person)
- RB Jonathan Stewart suffered a hamstring injury a little over a week ago, but the team will leave him on the active roster.
- G Edmund Kugbila is under going back surgery on August 8 and will be out for the season. (Joe Person)
- TE Rob Gronkowski is not participating in either 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 workouts Thursday. (Ben Volin)