Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: Chargers, Cowboys, Raiders, Jets & Titans
NFL Notes: Chargers, Cowboys, Raiders, Jets & Titans
Chargers & Raiders
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Chargers’ stadium bill is likely to fail during Tuesday’s election.
- Cole says that a potential move to Los Angeles would be back in play if their stadium measure fails to pass.
- Should the Chargers decide to join the Rams, Cole mentions that the NFL would no longer be that concerned about the Raiders relocating to Las Vegas.
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo has been cleared to practice Tony Romo this week. Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said how much Romo does this week has yet to be determined, but he’ll at least do more than he did last week. (David Moore)
- According to Mike Garafolo, the Jets benched DL Muhammad Wilkerson for the first quarter of Sunday’s game because he missed a walk-through before their game against the Ravens as well as a defensive meeting in which the team had bought a cake for his birthday.
- Garafolo mentions that HC Todd Bowles has tried to patient with Wilkerson and DL Sheldon Richardson but was ultimately pushed to the brink.
- Bowles said of his job performance this season: “I haven’t done a good job. We’re 3-6. Record speaks for itself.” (Albert Breer)
- In regards to QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bowles confirmed that he suffered a sprained knee and added that he’s “probably day-to-day. We’ll know more as the week progresses.“
- If Fitzpatrick can’t play in Week 10, Bowles said that they turn to Bryce Petty. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey announced that an MRI showed a strained calf for rookie RB Derrick Henry. The plan, for now, is to monitor Henry’s injury, as he could be back soon or out a couple weeks depending.
Tags Bryce Petty Derrick Henry Jason Garrett Muhammad Wilkerson Ryan Fitzpatrick Sheldon Richardson Todd Bowles Tony Romo