Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, & Titans
NFL Notes: Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, & Titans
- While Chargers WR Keenan Allen had to exit Sunday’s game against the Packers early, Ian Rapoport reports the injury is considered minor and he should be good-to-go for Week 7.
- Meanwhile, S Eric Weddle could miss time with a groin injury, according to Eric D. Williams.
- Weddle reportedly could “barely” walk after the Chargers loss on Sunday to the Packers, and looks like he’s set to miss game action.
- Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys will not be rushing WR Dez Bryant back from his foot injury, and says it’s “incredibly unlikely” he plays in Week 7.
- Rapoport makes it clear Bryant will have to run without pain first, then run routes and practice before playing in a game.
- Saints CB Keenan Lewis saw a specialist for discomfort he’s been dealing with in his hip, according to Rapoport.
- Rapoport calls the injury a hip strain, and says how much Lewis can play with the injury will come down to how he feels playing with it.
- The Saints are signing OG Ryan Seymour to a contract, according to his agent Justin Turner.
- Nick Underhill reports the Saints are signing S Akeem Davis to their practice squad.
- Chris Mortensen reports QB Marcus Mariota suffered a grade 2 MCL sprain.
- Mariota was described as “day-to-day” on Monday, and Mortensen reiterates his status “is uncertain” for Week 7.
- The NFL is also reviewing DE Olivier Vernon‘s hit on Mariota which caused the injury, according to Mortensen.
Tags Akeem Davis Dez Bryant Keenan Allen Keenan Lewis Marcus Mariota Olivier Vernon Ryan Seymour