- The Chargers announced Tuesday that first-round WR Mike Williams is dealing with a mild disc herniation in his lower back, and will be held out the last two weeks of the offseason program.
- Armando Salguero puts the odds of the Dolphins signing WR Jarvis Landry to an extension this summer at “60-40.“
“I feel like last year we lost games . . . because we didn’t close games out,” Sproles explained, via Zach Berman of Philly.com. “You need that pounder to keep the clock moving, keep the chains moving.”
Sproles added that he’s fine with the team getting other running backs involved in their offense.
“You know I want to” carry the ball, Sproles added. “We’ve got Blount now. We’ve got Smallwood still. Whatever my role is, it’s probably going to be more [catching] out of the backfield stuff. I’m fine with that.”
In regards to retirement, Sproles said he would like to leave on his own terms, as opposed to being forced out.
“You don’t want to be forced out,” Sproles said. “You want to leave on your own terms.”
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Seahawks signed QB Austin Davis to a one-year, $775,000, which happens to be the veteran minimum salary.
- Davis’ contract includes a $50,000 signing bonus and a $30,000 roster bonus if he makes the 53-man roster.
- Garafolo updated his previous report that the Seahawks and QB Colin Kaepernick were apart on money by saying that the two parties never discussed a formal offer.
- Garafolo adds that they did discuss expectations for a potential deal, but never seriously discussed a deal.