Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots & Seahawks
- Field Yates of ESPN expects the Chargers and first-round DE Joey Bosa to reach an agreement on his rookie deal in the coming days.
- Bosa is one of just five players who have yet to sign their rookie contracts, and the holdup is reportedly due to Bosa and his camp insisting that no offset language be added to his rookie deal.
- James Walker of ESPN gives TE Thomas Duarte a 55 percent chance of securing a roster spot this summer.
- Walker mentions that Duarte is actually in a decent position with the Dolphins, considering they could use more pass-catching tight ends and he has shown good ball skills during his college career.
- In the end, Duarte will likely need to beat out Jake Stoneburner for the No. 3 job.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe mentions that the Patriots could look to add a veteran player such as Andre Johnson or Roddy White at some point if they suffer an injury at receiver or they just aren’t thrilled with their current options.
- Stephania Bell of ESPN mentions that Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham faces an uphill battle in his return from a patellar tendon injury.
Bell points out that this injury tends to impact a player’s power and explosiveness.
- According to Bell, 79 percent of players return to action following this injury, but a recent study shows that patellar tendon injuries are the worst for prognosis in terms of return to play and for performance metrics.
Tags andre johnson Jake Stoneburner Jimmy Graham Joey Bosa Roddy White Thomas Duarte