- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Chargers are “strongly leaning” towards joining the Rams in Inglewood.
- Cole says that the Chargers have already reached an agreement with the Rams and are looking for potential locations to play in L.A. next year.
- According to Cole, the last hope of keeping the Chargers in San Diego comes down to owner Dean Spanos finding a solution to prevent a move to Los Angeles.
- According to Albert Breer, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz remains a hot coaching candidate, even though his defensive unit has regressed since a solid start to the 2016 season.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Falcons are “optimistic” WR Julio Jones (toe) will play this week.
- Jason Cole reports that the Giants plan to change their defensive approach now that DE Jason Pierre-Paul is out for the season after undergoing surgery for a core muscle injury.
- Cole says that the Giants plan to employ a rotation of players to replace Pierre-Paul and there should be more blitzes called by DC Steve Spagnuolo.
Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets signed their position coaches to one-year extensions before the 2016 season. However, Mehta says that it’s a “near certainty” that some of HC Todd Bowles’ assistants won’t return next year.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Jets C Nick Mangold is visiting specialist Dr. Robert Anderson on Thursday because he’s frustrated with the slow healing of his ankle.
- According to Rapoport, shutting Mangold down is an option but they won’t know if this is the optimal approach until after his visit with Anderson.