- Chargers QB Philip Rivers will not play in the Pro Bowl due to the back injury he’s recovering from. (Adam Schefter)
Oregon QB Marcus Mariota mentions that it would be “a lot of fun” if he got the opportunity to play for Chip Kelly in the NFL.
“Whatever team wants me, I’d love to play for them,” Mariota said during a conference call, via GoDucks.com. “…Obviously my relationship with Coach Kelly, it’d be a lot of fun to be a part of that offense and be a part of that team. But for me, any team that wants me to be part of their club, I’m all for it. Whatever happens, happens, and I’m looking forward to the process.”
- Bob Kravitz reported last night that the NFL will investigate whether or not the Patriots deflated footballs for Sunday’s game against the Colts.
- If it’s determined that New England did, in fact, deflate footballs, they could lose draft picks, according to Kravitz.
- Aaron Wilson mentions that former Broncos OC Adam Gase and QBs coach Greg Knapp are among the potential candidates for Ravens’ offensive coordinator job.
- Wilson adds that both of them have other options to consider as well.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Redskins have interviewed former Cardinals DC Clancy Pendergast for their defensive coordinator position.