Chargers QB Philip Rivers mentioned that he will not need to undergo surgery on his back.
“At this point, the back injury is not requiring surgery,” Rivers told KGB FM radio, via ESPN.com. “We’ll kind of revisit it in a month or so. But everything is improving. I’m back to my regular workouts and running around. … I’m actually on the up and up. So I’m pretty excited.”
- FootballScoop.com reports that Doug Mallory is joining the Falcons’ staff as their assistant linebackers coach.
- Jaguars defensive line coach Todd Walsh mentioned that DL Sen’Derrick Marks (torn ACL) will be a “question mark” as they prepare for the start of the 2015 season.
“That’s awful quick to come from an ACL tear, so he’s a little bit of a concern for us,” Wash said, via Jaguars.com. “He’s going to be a question mark for us going into the season, but he’s working his tail off for us now.”
The Raiders announced a number of coaching hires Monday night.
- Sam Anno (Defensive Assistant)
- Darryl Eto (Asst. Strength and Conditioning)
- Jethro Franklin (Defensive Line)
- Joe Gomes (Head Strength and Conditioning)
- Tim Holt (Assistant Offensive Line)
- Nick Holz (Quality Control – Offense)
- Kevin Kijowski (Strength and Conditioning Asst.)
- Wesley Miller (Strength and Conditioning Asst.)
- Jake Peetz (Senior Offensive Assistant)
- Travis Smith (Quality Control – Defense)
- Brent Vieselmeyer (Assistant Linebackers)
- Rod Woodson (Assistant Defensive Backs)