- TE Ladarius Green is expected to get the ball “more than ever” this season. (Michael Gehlken)
- Former Chargers S Brandon Taylor went unclaimed off of waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent. (Adam Caplan)
- Former Falcons QB Dominique Davis went unclaimed off of waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent. (Adam Caplan)
- Patriots QB Tom Brady is working with private QBs coach Tom House to correct some of the accuracy and deep-ball issues he struggled with last season. (Ben Volin)
“As he’s getting a little older you lose a little strength, you lose a little flexibility,” House said in an interview with SiriusXM radio on Sunday. “And what was happening was he was noticing that his accuracy and his long ball weren’t what they were three or four years ago. So we ran him through the computer, compared him to the models we have created for movement efficiency, and there were really, really small things that were causing his issues.”
- According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Dispatch, OC Brian Schottenheimer’s claim that RB Zac Stacy isn’t a lock to be the team’s starting running back was “probably more coach-speak than anything else.“
- HC Mike Zimmer reiterated that he no issue starting first-round pick QB Teddy Bridgewater in Week 1.
“The one thing we never want to do is hold back progress here,” Zimmer said, via Ben Goessling of ESPN.com. “We want to keep progressing, whether it’s playing younger guys or getting better out on the field.“
- Vikings WR Greg Jennings mentioned that they are going to “showcase” second-year WR Cordarrelle Patterson this season.