Chargers rookie WR Mike Williams says he’s expecting to make his NFL debut this weekend.
“I’m expecting to play,” Williams said, via the OCRegister.com. “I’m gonna practice hard, go through all the plays. Whatever decision the coaches make, I’m going to be ready for it.”
- The New York Giants announced Thursday that CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been suspended “indefinitely” following a meeting with HC Ben McAdoo.
- The CBA limits the Giants in terms of the number of games they can suspend a player to four, but it’s possible Rodgers-Cromartie’s suspension is less than that.
- Rodgers-Cromartie’s suspension will cost him $410,588 per week.
- Adam Schefter reports that Lions DT Haloti Ngata is undergoing surgery for a torn bicep and will miss the next four months.
- Detroit officially placed Ngata on the injured reserve list Wednesday. (NFLTR)
“You can’t do that, you can’t do that,” said McCloughan. “You’ve already put your cards out there two years, back to back with the money you’ve paid him. And he’s a really good teammate and a really good leader — all of that stuff.”
If McCloughan was still in charge of the Redskins, he would sign Cousins to a long-term deal.
“So, personally, I’d do a long-term deal. It’s best for the organization financially, and you’re going to have to guarantee a lot up front and all of that, but, still, you’ve got somebody locked in who is in his prime, and now you’re not scrambling,” McCloughan explained. “And nothing against Colt McCoy, but he’s a really good No. 2 … Now you’d have to go into the draft or free agency trying to find one, and as you guys are well aware, they’re hard to find … And 70 percent of the time on starters you’re not right on … You know exactly what Kirk is, and he’s a good fit for the team and he’s a good for the organization and he’s good to help your team win.“