- Mike Garafolo reports that the Chargers are keeping a close eye on QB Philip Rivers‘ condition ahead of Sunday’s game.
- Garafolo mentions that Rivers is still expected to start Week 14’s game, but dehydration could be an issue for him.
- Adam Schefter reports that Rivers is specifically battling the flu, but a Chargers’ official said of the situation: “Will take more than this to knock him out of a game.“
Jets HC Todd Bowles said that “definitely” wants the team to re-sign the veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick during the offseason.
“You can see it in his play,” Bowles said of what makes him believe they should re-sign Fitzpatrick, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily New. “You can see it in his demeanor, his professionalism. Every day, the way he approaches his job. So, it’s somebody you definitely want around.”
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy wouldn’t say if Eddie Lacy will be their running back on Sunday, but he did mentions that the team needs Lacy and believe he has more to offer. (Ed Werder)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (knee) did make the trip to Houston with the team, but is still listed as questionable.