- The Chargers are hosted Washington DT Vita Vea for a visit on Tuesday. (Josh Norris)
- The Chargers met privately with Toledo OT Elijah Nkansah. (Aaron Wilson)
- Here’s the list of prospects who will take part in the Chargers’ local pro day. (NFLTR)
- Justin Rogers reports that the Lions signed QB Matt Cassel signed a one-year contract for the veteran minimum, but he got $260,000 guaranteed, which includes a $90,000 signing bonus.
- According to Rogers, the Lions have approximately $9.5 million of available cap space right now, but they’ll need between $2-$2.5 million to sign their 2018 draft class and another $2-3 million for regular season expenses. This means that the Lions have around a $4-5 million to work with in terms of other roster moves.
- Eastern Michigan QB Brogan Roback is fully recovered from a fractured fibula and will participate in the Lions’ local prospect day. (Dave Birkett)
- The Lions hosted Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson for a pre-draft visit on Tuesday. (Ian Rapoport)
Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie tells Steve Wyche that they want to ensure OLB Khalil Mack remains “a Raider for life.”
“This is going to be a big contract and all sides are trying to make everything work,” McKenzie said Wednesday. “It’s about the end result. One thing I know is that we love Khalil Mack and we want to make him a Raider for life. We’ll get through all the other stuff. We understand the business part of it. Everybody is aware of everything and nobody is surprised (Mack has not attended voluntary offseason conditioning workouts this week). Everything, on all sides has been positive. I can’t stress that enough.”
- Wyche reported yesterday that Mack, who missed the first day of voluntary workouts, is expected to targeting “in excess” of $65 million guaranteed in his next contract.
- Wyche adds that an extension for Mack could come in June prior to the start of mandatory minicamp.
- According to Mike Freeman of B/R, the Raiders believe they’ll sign Mack to a long-term extension sometime soon.
- Freeman adds that both the Raiders and Mack want to get an agreement in place and an extension “will get done.”
- According to Nick Underhill, the Saints signed FB Zach Line to a two-year deal worth $2.2 million. Line receives a $200,000 signing bonus and will have cap figures of $1 million (2018) and $1.2 million (2019).
- Colorado CB Isaiah Oliver visited with the Saints. (Matt Miller)