Michael Gehlken of the Union Tribune reports that the specific procedure Chargers RB Melvin Gordon had on his knee was microfracture surgery.
According to Gehlken, Gordon was given a recovery timetable of four to six months, but it doesn’t sound like there’s much of a concern regarding his short- and long-term recovery.
“I’m getting better. I’m getting better,” Gordon said. “I’m not where I want to be, but I think I’m ahead of schedule. I’m sprinting pretty well. I’m cutting. … No question, I’ll be ready for training camp. I’m not even worried about that.”
Gehlken points out that the Chargers did not sign or draft a running back, which implies that the Chargers are confident about Gordon moving forward.
- Ben Volin reports that the pay cut WR Danny Amendola took to be with the Patriots reduced his salary from $5 million down to $1.25 million.
- He received a $100,000 signing bonus from the Patriots and will make $250,000 in per-game roster bonuses.
- Amnedola’s 2017 salary of $6 million remains intact, but there’s no guaranteed money left on the deal at that point, according to Volin.
- The Raiders announced that they’ve signed seventh-round G Vadal Alexander to a four-year deal.
- The Vikings signed undrafted rookie Augustana RB C.J. Ham to a contract. (Steve Siegel)