Home 49ers NFL Notes: Chidobe Awuzie, Draft, Ravens, Steelers
- Tony Pauline reports that Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie is rising up draft boards.
- According to Pauline, sources he’s spoken to believes there’s a “good chance” the Raiders will take a cornerback in round one and it’s possible that Awuzie could be that guy. Oakland has brought him in for a visit and worked him out.
- The Titans are another team worth watching for Awuzie, per Pauline, given that they could really use help at the position.
- If there’s a third team to keep an eye on for Awuzie, Pauline says it’s the Cowboys.
- Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie is one of 22 players that have been invited to the NFL draft. (Matt Miller)
- We have him being selected by the Packers in the Second Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft, but it appears as though he’s likely to go much higher than this.
- The Bengals have scheduled a pre-draft visit with Washington WR John Ross. (Ian Rapoport)
- Alabama OLB Ryan Anderson has an upcoming private workout for the Cardinals and has worked out for Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Utah OL Garett Bolles is scheduled to visit with the Bills on Thursday. (Adam Caplan)
- Kansas State DE Jordan Willis visited with the Buccaneers on Tuesday and met with the 49ers last week. (Tony Pauline)
- The Saints brought in Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham for a visit and have shown a lot of interest in him throughout the draft process. (Nick Underhill)
- Colorado S Tedric Thompson is taking a pre-draft visit to meet with the Redskins and has already visited with the Cowboys and Bills. (Mike Garafolo)
- Jeff Zrebiec reports that Lardarius Webb’s new contract with the Ravens is a three-year, $5.1 million deal that includes a $1.2 million signing bonus and as much as $1.4 million in incentives annually.
- The Steelers announced that they hosted West Virginia WR Shelton Gibson, Pittsburgh CB Ryan Lewis, Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey, UConn S Obi Melifonwu, and UNC WR Mackenzie Hollins for pre-draft visits on Thursday.