- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wonders if Nick Foles could supplant Alex Smith as the Chiefs’ starting quarterback with a solid showing on Sunday.
- Todd Archer of ESPN still believes that QB Tony Romo will eventually start and play a big part for the Cowboys this season.
- Archer mentions that G Ronald Leary is actually an underappreciated part of the Cowboys’ offensive line and is a better overall player than La’el Collins. Although, Archer says that Collins makes more “wow” plays that people will notice in space.
- Next year, it’s likely Dallas will have to allow Leary to move on as an unrestricted free agent, which will allow them to move Collins back into starting lineup.
- Lions announced that OT Riley Reiff has been downgraded to out for Week 9 due to illness.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe writes the Patriots may have traded LB Jamie Collins to the Browns because there could have been a discontent between him and New England’s hard-style of business.
- Volin mentions that Patriots HC Bill Belichick insists that players “do their work” and be team players, while Collins could have been focused on his own well-being.
- An AFC front office executive told Volin that he could not tell if Collins was “freelancing” on defense while with the Patriots.
- Seahawks have ruled out the following players from Week 9: S Kam Chancellor (groin), RB Thomas Rawls (fibula), TE Luke Willson (knee), DE Michael Bennett (knee), CB DeAndre Elliott (hamstring)
- Seahawks listed LT Bradley Sowell as questionable with a knee injury.