Adam Teicher of ESPN recently took a stab at projecting the Chiefs’ 53-man roster.
- Some of the notable players who were unable to make Teicher’s final roster include: QB Tyler Bray, RB Knile Davis, veteran WR Mike Williams, and TE James O’Shaughnessy.
- According to Todd Archer, it’s hard to see the Cowboys not bringing back HC Jason Garrett for the 2017 season, even if the team doesn’t make the playoffs.
- Michael Rothstein doesn’t see the Lions making any splash signings in the coming months.
- Even so, Rothstein doesn’t rule out the Lions signing some veterans at reasonable prices.
- Detroit may also elect to use some of their cap space to sign their 2013 draft class to extension. This includes CB Darius Slay, RB Theo Riddick, P Sam Martin, DE Devin Taylor and G Larry Warford.
- In regards to QB Matthew Stafford, Rothstein could see the Lions opening talks with his representative regarding a long-term extension next offseason.
- According to Rothstein, it’s possible Lions GM Bob Quinn could look to clean house in 2017 if the team struggles.
- In regards to the defensive end position, Rothstein thinks Devin Taylor will likely be the starter opposite of Ziggy Ansah.
- Nick Wagoner believes the Rams will eventually sign one of the two free agents they brought in for visits — Donte Whitner or Dashon Goldson.
- Of the two, Wagoner believes Whitner may be the better fit, considering that Goldson profiles as more of a free safety.