Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt mentioned that he’s optimistic that they will be able to get a long-term contract worked out with franchised OLB Justin Houston at some point.
“I’ve been very consistent in saying that we not only value Justin as a football player, that we not only value Justin as a person and leader, and we want him to be a Chief for life,” Hunt said, via Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star. “And the negotiating process in these type of situations, as (general manager) John (Dorsey) has said, takes some patience. You just have to have patience. It will work out.”
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned that they’ll have to start looking for a future quarterback at some point in the near future.
“We do have to look to the future relative to quarterback,’’ Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “It’s starting a time frame where a guy could come in and be a good backup.
“Look at how Romo evolved into the guy he is today. He did a little time with the clip board.’’
Bill Williamson of ESPN takes a look a the remaining Raiders’ free agents and where things stand with Oakland.
- While Williamson mentions that the Raiders have told CB Tarell Brown that they want to get younger, there’s at least a chance he could be back on a “team-friendly” contract.
- Williams doesn’t expect the Raiders to re-sign CB Carlos Rogers or TE David Ausberry.
- According to Williamson, the Raiders to looking to find a better receive than Vincent Brown.
- Oakland apparently has no interest in re-signing RB Kory Sheets.
- Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Louisville WR DeVante Parker will visit the Ravens prior to the draft.