Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Chiefs, Eagles, Patriots, Raiders, Texans
NFL Notes: Chiefs, Eagles, Patriots, Raiders, Texans
- Matt Miller of B/R mentions that Chiefs co-director of player personnel Brett Veach is worth keeping an eye on to be next in line for Kansas City.
- Miller says that Veach has been climbing the ladder with the Chiefs and has developed a great reputation as a “scout’s scout.“
- Geoff Mosher writes that WRs Dorial Green-Beckham and Bryce Treggs are “far from locks” to make the 53-man roster in 2017.
- Sources told Mosher that both Green-Beckham and Treggs “prioritized getting acquainted with the Philly nightlife over outworking their teammates, in practice.”
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that several have taken “extreme precautions” when playing the Patriots.
- One example mentioned by Cole is the Bills under Rex Ryan went as far to shred all gameplans and other printed information in their own offices during the week leading up to their game against the Patriots.
- According to Cole, Ryan and his staff were concerned about the possibility that the Patriots could pay the janitorial staff to steal information and leak it to them.
- Paul Gutierrez of ESPN writes that unless the Raiders can sign someone like Le’Veon Bell in free agency, they should consider bringing back RB Latavius Murray this offseason.
- Gutierrez points to the importance of maintaining continuity for the Raiders and their offense as they look to build on their 2016 success.
- John McClain reports that Texans ILB Brian Cushing underwent shoulder surgery, which was considered to be a “clean up” procedure.
- McClain adds that Cushing will not require further surgery for the four broken bones in his lower back.
Tags Brett Veach Brian Cushing Bryce Treggs Dorial Green-Beckham Latavius Murray Rex Ryan