- Field Yates wonders whether the Chiefs would consider claiming recently waived RB Knile Davis, considering that Jamaal Charles continues to deal with a knee injury and Spencer Ware suffered a concussion on Sunday.
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said “it will be a stretch” for OLB Justin Houston, who underwent offseason knee surgery, to play in Week 9. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said that TE Austin Hooper will receive more playing time with Jacob Tamme out with a shoulder injury. (Vaughn McClure)
- Quinn is hopeful that CB Jalen Collins will play in Thursday’s Week 9 game after being inactive on Sunday. (Vaughn McClure)
Patriots HC Bill Belichick didn’t rule out the possibility of them making another trade before Tuesday’s deadline.
“I don’t know. It’s hard to tell,” Belichick said, via Ryan Hannable of WEEI. “It takes two teams to make a deal. Sometimes they come together quickly. Sometimes to talk for a long time and they never happen. I think people in the league know that we’re a team that will trade, so we get calls from teams. We make calls just to see what situations are or aren’t.”
- Doug Kyed of NESN takes a look at a few positions the Patriots could target in the trade market including offensive tackle, defensive tackle, linebacker, cornerback, and tight end.
- According to Ben Volin, Browns LB Jamie Collins turned down an $11 million-per-year offer from the Patriots. Volin mentions that the franchise tag will be around $15 million this year.
- Patriots DB Devin McCourty was shocked that the team traded Collins, saying: “Jamie is arguably our best defensive player. When you get a guy like Jamie who was here for four years on the team, a very productive player, to lose him is a bit shocking to everybody on the team.” (Pro Football Talk)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Raiders CB Sean Smith‘s shoulder injury may only cost him one week, despite appearing to be a serious injury.
- Adam Caplan adds that Smith is “very questionable” for Week 9, but there is no long-term concern regarding his injury.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll does not expect QB Russell Wilson‘s pectoral injury to be an issue going forward. (John Boyle)
- Carroll said it was “still unclear” whether S Kam Chancellor (groin) will be available this week. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, DT Tony McDaniel‘s ankle injury is not considered serious and he should be able to play in Week 9. (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks OT Bradley Sowell is currently “day-to-day” with his knee injury but has a chance to return for Week 9. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll added that RB Thomas Rawls (fibula) will continue to be monitored and not play this week, but ran well in his first full-speed workout since injuring his leg. (Curtis Crabtree)