Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Chiefs, Giants, Raiders, Ravens, Titans
NFL Notes: Chiefs, Giants, Raiders, Ravens, Titans
- Adam Teicher of ESPN writes that although it could take some time for the Chiefs to workout and extension with OLB Justin Houston, he expects them to eventually reach an agreement.
- Teicher adds that the franchise tag remains an option for Justin Houston.
- The Giants are reportedly content with their current offensive configuration and are unlikely to disrupt their recent success by giving Geoff Schwartz a starting job once he’s ready to come back from I.R. (Dan Graziano)
- The Giants “absolutely do not trust [RB Andre Williams] as a receiver” and they may have concerns about him ability to pass-protect. (Dan Graziano)
- This could open the door for Peyton Hillis to see some work in passing situations. (Dan Graziano)
- ESPN’s Bill Williamson mentions that Texas A&M coach Ken Sumlin could be an option for the Raiders if can’t get Jon Gruden or Jim Harbaugh, but it would be a costly option.
- Jamison Hensley still expects the Ravens to re-sign WR Torrey Smith during the offseason, but admits there is a chance that he doesn’t fit the team’s new offense.
- Hensley wouldn’t be surprised to see the Ravens use a high draft pick on a cornerback next year or possibly target someone in free agency.
Tags Andre Williams Bishop Sankey Geoff Schwartz Jim Harbaugh Jon Gruden Justin Houston Ken Sumlin Peyton Hillis Shonn Greene torrey smith