- Aaron Wilson reports that the Chiefs signed RB Akeem Hunt to an upgraded practice squad contract that includes a salary of $615,000 for the 2017 season.
- According to Art Stapleton, free agent G John Greco is not in the mix for the Giants as a potential addition and he instead has something in the works with another team.
- We have Greco featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
However, both Payton and Peterson downplayed the situation and denied that any confrontation took place.
“I could’ve said, ‘I love you,‘” Peterson said, via Josh Katzenstein of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “But it’s no issue. We have bigger fish to fry.
A league source tells Mike Florio that Payton acknowledged that there was an interaction, but that he interpreted Peterson’s words in a “positive way.”
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told reporters on Tuesday that there’s still a chance DE Stephon Tuitt (biceps) could play in Week 2’s game against the Vikings. (Gerry Dulac)
- Tomlin added that Tuitt’s “short-term availability is in question” and they plan to monitor his arm strength and see if it’s functional. (Gerry Dulac)
- According to Tomlin, S J.J. Wilcox suffered a concussion. (Dave Lolley)