- Adam Teicher writes that OLB Justin Houston appears to be headed for the franchise tag, but he admits that the two sides still have more than two months to get a deal done.
- Michael DiRocco mentions that Patriots free agent S Devin McCourty could be a name to watch for the Jaguars in free agency.
- DiRocco has the Jaguars’ top-three draft priorities as 1) elite pass-rusher, 2) right tackle or offensive line, and 3) linebacker.
- DiRocco can see DT Tyson Alualu re-signing with the team next year, but the Jaguars could part ways with WR Cecil Shorts, CB Alan Ball and TE Marcedes Lewis.
- According to Rich Cimini of ESPN, the vibe around the Jets’ organization is that owner Woody Johnson looking to replace GM John Idzik.
- Cimini mentions that the possibility exists that Idzik could be re-assigned to another role within the team.
- Cimini believes the best-case scenario for the Jets is to draft Oregon QB Marcus Mariota and add a veteran quarterback in free agency to pair with Geno Smith.
- Cimini writes that most of the Jets’ free agents next year are replaceable outside of maybe ILB David Harris.
- Cimini doesn’t see any way the Jets would release LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson or C Nick Mangold.
- Bill Williamson “absolutely” expects Alabama WR Amari Cooper to be on the Raiders short list of draft targets.
- Williamson expects to see DE Justin Tuck back for next season.
- If Jim Harbaugh is traded to the Raiders, Williamson suggests Tom Gamble and Mike Lombardi as potential GM candidates.
Michael Vick mentioned that he would be interested in returning home and playing for the Redskins next year.
“I’m open to playing for anybody that wants to win,” Vick said, via Kimberly Martin of New York Newsday. “But obviously, going back home, I mean, that’ll be a dream come true … But I would hate to get my hopes up for something that wouldn’t happen. So I can’t even think about it right now.”
- John Keim of ESPN doesn’t see offensive linemen Morgan Moses, Spencer Long, or Josh LeRibeus being starters for the team in 2015.
- Keim writes that WR DeSean Jackson isn’t an “untouchable” asset for Washington, but he doesn’t think they would get a whole lot for him in a trade at this point. Keim mentions that a fourth-round pick could be their best option in return for Jackson.
- Paul Kuharsky does not see the Titans drafting Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, due to the fact that he’s not HC Ken Whisenhunt’s style of quarterback.
- Kuharsky mentions that it’s easy to connect the dots between Jay Cutler and Tennessee. However, he believes it’s “too easy and far too early” to say that this is a real possibility for the Titans. Kuharsky expects the Titans discuss the idea at some point, but he doesn’t see this as a real solution for them.