- Chiefs HC Andy Reid announced that RB Jamaal Charles (knee) won’t play in Sunday’s game against the Colts. (BJ Kissel)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Charles is still dealing with some swelling in his surgically repaired knee.
- Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said Friday that he doesn’t expect to make any changes to the coaching staff or delegation of duties, despite a disappointing Week 8 loss to the Titans. (John Oesher)
Panthers HC Ron Rivera told reporters on Friday that they will explore their options when it comes to a potential trade ahead of the upcoming deadline.
“I think it’s one of those things where there’s a number of names are out there,” Rivera said via, BlackandBlueReview.com. “and I know Dave and his guys have been looking at those guys. But whether we’re going to be an active participant or not, I’m not sure if that’s been decided.”
As for possibly being sellers, Rivera mentioned that he isn’t there’s anyone they would be looking to move in a trade.
“I don’t think there’s anybody we’re looking to sell. I think for us, everything is going forward,” Rivera said. “We’re in an interesting position in terms of our core guys. There’s eight, nine, ten of them that we feel really good about going forward.”
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien announced Friday that RB Lamar Miller will be a game-time decision with a shoulder injury. (Sarah Barshop)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey said that RB DeMarco Murray is getting an MRI on his injured toe but they don’t it’s a serious issue for him. (Jim Wyatt)