Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Chiefs, Jets, Vikings, Titans
NFL Notes: Chiefs, Jets, Vikings, Titans
- Connor Hughes of NJ Advance Media expects third-round WR ArDarius Stewart and fourth-round WR Chad Hansen to see more snaps as the season goes on.
- In the end, Hughes believes Stewart and Hansen will receive around 50-60 percent of the team’s offensive snaps.
- Though Hughes writes that there’s no point benching QB Josh McCown right now, he could see the Jets turning to Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg if the team has a 1-7 record at the midway point of the season.
- Hughes believes the Jets will select a quarterback in the 2018 NFL Draft if they possess the first, second, or third pick in the draft. However, he could see Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, a cornerback, pass rusher, or receiver also being options for the team should they have a lower draft pick.
- Should New York draft somewhere in the top-eight, Hughes thinks the team may try to trade for the No. 1 or No. 2 overall pick.
- If the Jets do, in fact, draft a quarterback in next year’s draft, Hughes writes that McCown could be kept around to provide veteran leadership.
- Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press writes that the Vikings will need to make a roster move next week to make room for WR Michael Floyd, who will have finished serving his four-game suspension.
- Tomasson mentions that it’s possible Minnesota could cut a receiver such as Rodney Adams or Stacy Coley to create a spot for Floyd.
Tags ArDarius Stewart Bryce Petty Chad Hansen Christain Hackenberg Corey Davis Dee Ford Josh McCown Michael Floyd Rodney Adams Saquon Barkley Stacy Coley