Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Chiefs, Packers, Raiders, Saints, Seahawks
NFL Notes: Chiefs, Packers, Raiders, Saints, Seahawks
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid was asked if Alex Smith will still be the’s quarterback in 2017 on Monday to which he replied: “Do I still think we can win with Alex? Yeah, we were right there.” (Andrew Siciliano)
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said of Jordy Nelson: “Can’t tell you if Jordy’s going to practice Wednesday. Did all the work in the workout today, that’s a good sign.“
- The Raiders have promoted Midwest scout Trey Scott to Assistant Director of Player Personnel, according to Pro Football Talk.
- Nick Underhill of the Advocate reports that the Saints have shown interest in 49ers special teams coordinator Derius Swinton and are expected to interview him this week.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned that CB Richard Sherman played through a “significant” MCL injury in the second half of the season that weighed on him mentally. (Bob Condotta)
- Following the news that Seahawks CB DeShawn Shead will undergo surgery for a torn ACL, Joel Corry says that there’s now no need for Seattle to use a second-round restricted tender worth around $2.8 million on him.
- Carroll admitted to being concerned about RB C.J. Prosise‘s durability, saying: “He has to show it.” (Bob Condotta)
- In regards to Tom Cable interviewing for the 49ers’ job, Carroll said he’s waiting to hear from them but he believes Cable has a “real chance” of getting the job. (Andrew Siciliano)
- According to Carroll, both S Earl Thomas and WR Tyler Lockett each “have a really good chance’‘ of being ready for the start of next season. (Bob Condotta)
Tags Alex Smith C.J. Prosise Derius Swinton Deshawn Shead earl thomas Jordy Nelson Richard Sherman Tom Cable Trey Scott Tyler Lockett