Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Chiefs, Redskins, & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Chiefs, Redskins, & Seahawks
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that the most unusual contract signed by a rookie this year goes to Chiefs fifth-round WR Tyreek Hill.
- According to Volin, the Chiefs gave Hill his slotted guarantee of $218,000, but cut his signing bonus to $70,000 to go along with guaranteed money in the form of 2017 base salary and an offseason roster bonus.
- Beyond that, Hill receives around $150,000 in roster bonuses over the four-year deal for making the 53-man roster or ending up on injured reserve.
- Volin points out that the Chiefs went with more of a ” pay-as-you-go contract” due to the fact that Hill was previously arrested on domestic violence charges and accused of punching and choking his then pregnant girlfriend.
- Jason Fitzgerald adds that this deal pretty much follows the contract the Cardinals signed DB Tyrann Mathieu to as a rookie.
- John Keim of ESPN mentions that the Redskins are unlikely to get contract extensions in place for a number of players such as DT Chris Baker, WR DeSean Jackson, and WR Pierre Garcon.
- As of now, Keim says that it’s either QB Kirk Cousins or no one when it comes to an extension.
- According to Keim, Jackson and Garcon could be playing for just one spot on their roster next year, and it’s at least a possibility that they move on from both players.
- Should first-round Josh Doctson and Jamison Crowder perform well in 2016, Keim believes it’s possible they could move forward with their young receivers next year.
- While there had been talk that the Seahawks could be a landing spot for recently released OT Eugene Monroe, Bob Condotta writes that there’s a “greater likelihood” that another team pays Monroe close to $5-6 million.
- Condotta adds that the Seahawks appear to be content with their current offensive line.
- As of now, Seattle’s O-line consists of: Garry Gilliam at LT, Mark Glowinski at LG, Justin Britt at center, Germain Ifedi at RG and J’Marcus Webb at RT.
Tags Chris Baker DeSean Jackson eugene monroe Garry Gilliam Germain Ifedi J'Marcus Webb Jamison Crowder Josh Doctson Justin Britt Kirk Cousins Mark Glowinski Pierre Garçon Tyrann Mathieu Tyreek Hill