Eagles HC Chip Kelly tells Peter King of MMQB that he intends to “see through” his commitment to the team.
“I made a commitment to this organization when they hired me, and I will see it through,” Kelly said.
Kelly admits there will be skeptics regarding what he’s trying to accomplish in Philadelphia.
“I don’t have to convince people I’m staying,” Kelly told King. “I can’t. Everyone says, ‘He’s a college guy.’ It’s going to take a while for people to look at the ticker across the bottom of the screen without my name on it for people to understand.”
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Rams HC Jeff Fisher and Chargers HC Mike McCoy could survive another season, given that their teams could be relocated to Los Angeles.
- Cole mentions making such a transition is very difficult, which means they could keep their respective coaches in place until a new stadium is built.
- In the end, Cole believes both coaches could retain their jobs for another year or two.
- Bills HC Rex Ryan said of CB Stephon Gilmore’s injury: “I don’t believe it’s season-ending. You can rule that out.” (Tyler Dunne)
- Ian Rapoport adds that Gilmore will undergo an MRI on Monday.
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin told reporters that OT Ereck Flowers is still on crutches and is dealing with a high-ankle sprain. (Kimberly Jones)
- Coughlin said that QB Eli Manning (ankle) had an X-ray taken and is fine. (Kimberly Jones)