Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets have a lot of interest in Seahawks DC Dan Quinn in regards to their head-coaching job.
However, Rapoport adds that the 49ers are also high on Quinn, but what isn’t known is who is at the top of Quinn’s list.
Quinn is expected to target former Browns OC Kyle Shanahan or Seahawks assistant HC Tom Cable as his offensive coordinator if he gets a job.
Josh McDaniels & Gary Kubiak
According to Ian Rapoport, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Ravens OC Gary Kubiak both have teams waiting on them.
The 49ers are and Falcons are reportedly waiting McDaniels while the Jets and Bears are still interested in Kubiak.
Rapoport adds that people close to Kubiak believe he may not take an interview as he loves his job with the Ravens and isn’t looking to move on.
The Cleveland Browns announced that they have accepted Kyle Shanahan’s resignation.
“After conversations with Kyle this week we’ve determined that it would be in the best interest of the Cleveland Browns that he pursue other opportunities and we have accepted his resignation,” HC Mike Pettine said. “In Dowell’s case, it was a difficult decision but one that we felt we had to make. We wish them both well. Our focus quickly turns to finding an outstanding coach to lead our offense and I am confident we will bring in highly qualified individuals to help us develop, improve, and achieve the success we are all seeking. I look forward to working with the staff as we go through this process to bring in coaches committed to helping the Cleveland Browns lay a strong foundation to take our offense to a consistently high level in the 2015 season and beyond.”
Dan Graziano of ESPN believes the Giants would consider adding a defensive coordinator who runs a 3-4 defense if they fall in love him as a candidate.
However, Graziano admits that this probably isn’t their preference given that it would require an overhaul of their front-seven.
- Graziano believes the Giants should be on the lookout for an upgrade at left tackle this offseason.
- Granziano mentions that Alabama S Landon Collins is as good of a guess as any for the Giants No. 9 pick.
- Jets RB Chris Johnson was arrested Friday night on a misdemeanor weapons charge for carrying a weapon. (Erika Esola)
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that former Bills HC Doug Marrone has an offer to join the Texans’ coaching staff as a consultant.
- Marrone is a close friend of Texans HC Bill O’Brien.