Tony Pauline of Draft Insider reports that several scouts believe USC QB Cody Kessler could end up being a third-day draft pick.
It is worth mentioning that many scouts ranked Kessler as college football’s best Senior quarterback prior to the start of the season, but there has been a growing concern over his “physical” limitations.
Scouts appear to credit Kessler’s “average” arm strength and “below average” running speed as reasons that make him unworthy of a top 100 selection.
- Anderson from their practice squad on Wednesday. are expected to promote LB Jonathan
- HC Bruce Arians said he hopes to have recently acquired DE Dwight Freeney play “15-20 snaps ” per game. (Alex Marvez)
- Field Yates notes that QB Matt Cassel could accomplish several playing-time based incentives if he starts every game until Tony Romo‘s scheduled Week 11 return.
- Cassel carries a base contract of $2 million, but could earn the following bonuses through playing-time incentives for the duration of the season: $400,000 by playing in 35 percent of total offensive snaps, $800,000 for 45 percent of total offensive snaps, $1.2 million for 55 percent of total offensive snaps, $1.6 million for 65 percent of total offensive snaps, and $2 million for 75 percent of total offensive snaps.
- Cassel can get an additional $150,000 for appearing in 60 percent of total offensive snaps for the regular season and one playoff game, giving his contract a max value of $4.15 million.
- DE Jared Crick‘s knee injury is regarded as “relatively minor“, and “should” be able to play in Week 6. (Aaron Wilson)