- Ian Rapoport mentions that one of the reasons for the Seahawks considering free agent QB Colin Kaepernick is the fact that he considered to be the best backup available option.
- Rapoport mentions that Seattle also considered signing Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder.
- According to Rapoport, if the Seahawks sign Kaepernick, it doesn’t sound like Russell Wilson would have any issues with them bringing him in.
- The Chargers signed WR Mitchell Paige to a contract. (Eric D. Williams)
- The Miami Dolphins announced that they’ve signed fifth-round DT Davon Godchaux to a four-year contract.
“I think a person that’s dedicating their life to creating change, why wouldn’t you want that type of leadership in your locker room?” Bennett said, via ESPN.com. “Why wouldn’t you want a young person that’s dealt with people wanting to kill him because of his choices in life? So I don’t know why people feel like that is a problem.
“I think that Kaepernick getting the opportunity to be on our team would be really cool, would really be a good place for him because you have a coach like coach [Pete] Carroll who is up for challenges like that. You have an owner who spends and gives back to the homeless. You’ve got players on your team that give back in the community. You’ve got Russell Wilson who shows that our team is built around community. So this is a perfect place for him.”
Bennett explained that Kaepernick’s skill set would also fit their offensive system.
“I think you look at the things he’s done over the years, on this team, we’re a running-based offense and [to] be able to play the [read] option would give him a lot of opportunities to be able to be a featured player in the NFL again,” Bennett said. “I think we’ve got a great system, great players, and we’ve got Russell, who’s won a lot of games too. So it’d be good for him.”