Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Draft, 49ers, Cowboys
NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Draft, 49ers, Cowboys
- Matt Maiocco reports that some teams are unconvinced about free agent QB Colin Kaepernick‘s commitment to football and wonder about his vegan diet.
- According to Albert Breer, the concern over Kaepernick’s vegan diet relates to his ability to gain weight.
- Sources have told Matt Barrows that Kaepernick is back to his pre-injury weight, which is presumably 225 pounds.
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo, 49ers GM John Lynch and Seahawks GM John Schneider were all on hand for Texas Tech pro day to watch QB Patrick Mahomes. (Andrew Groover)
- McAdoo met with Mahomes on Thursday in advance of his pro day. (Mike Garafolo)
- Penn State S Malik Golden is scheduled to visit with the Ravens, Eagles, Jets, and Giants. (Aaron Wilson)
- Villanova OT Brad Seaton is working out today for the Patriots and has previously done so for the Texans and Bills. (Aaron Wilson)
- Matt Maiocco reports that newly acquired Jeremy Zuttah will compete with Daniel Kilgore for the 49ers’ starting center job. Maiocco notes that Zuttah can also play guard if they feel that’s a better option for him.
- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at some draft prospects who could play strong-side linebacker for the 49ers.
- Barrows considers Kansas State’s Jordan Willis to be the “perfect fit” with Wisconsin’s T.J. Watt, Youngstown State’s Derek Rivers and Florida’s Alex Anzalone also being names to watch.
- Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley had a private workout with the Cowboys this week and will also visit with the team on Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Dallas is also working out Washington CB Kevin King. (Matt Miller)
- Cowboys showing interest in Texas Tech TE Tyler Scalzi. (Aaron Wilson)
Tags Alex Anzalone Ben McAdoo Brad Seaton Colin Kaepernick Cordrea Tankersley Daniel Kilgore Derek Rivers Jeremy Zuttah John Lynch John Schneider Jordan Willis Kevin King Malik Golden Patrick Mahomes T.J. Watt Tyler Scalzi