Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Draft, Broncos, & Panthers
NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Draft, Broncos, & Panthers
- Mike Klis of 9News reports that the 49ers haven’t spoken to the Broncos about a trade involving QB Colin Kaepernick for the past two weeks.
- However, Klis doesn’t completely rule out the possibility of a trade getting done, especially if the 49ers are able to come away with a quarterback in round one.
- The Broncos are currently meeting with free agent QB Brian Hoyer, so if they sign him to a contract, they would clearly be out of the running for a deal involving Kaepernick.
- Eric Branch spoke with Oregon QB Vernon Adams, who said he hasn’t had a pre-draft visit or private workout with any NFL team.
- A league source tells us that Florida Atlantic QB Jaquez Johnson is drawing interest from the Broncos, Jets, Browns and Saints.
- Middle Tennessee S Kevin Byard is visiting with the Titans on Thursday. Byard has previously worked out for the Eagles, Patriots, Falcons and visited the Dolphins (Alex Marvez)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Seahawks were “pleased” with BYU TE Terren Houk’s private workout, and they like his athleticism and flexibility.
- Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo is visiting the Saints on Thursday, and has previously met with the Texans, Dolphins, and Patriots. (Aaron Wilson)
- There was some speculation that the Broncos could consider pulling their franchise tag from OLB Von Miller much like the Panthers did on Wednesday. However, Mike Klis says this isn’t happening, and Miller will either play out the year under the tag or sign a long-term deal with the team.
- Klis points out that Miller would make $14.1M under the tag in 2015 and $55.5M over three years. The Broncos offer to Miller would pay him $18M in year one and $57.5M over three years.
- This is still short of Miller’s reported asking price of around $20M per year.
Tags Antonio Cromartie Colin Kaepernick Jaquez Johnson Jerraud Powers Kevin Byard Leon Hall Leonte Carroo Terren Houk Vernon Adams von miller