- Peter King of MMQB.com doesn’t think the 49ers will cut QB Colin Kaepernick or trade him, unless the Broncos are willing to set up their efforts to acquire him via trade.
- King suggests adding pick No. 61 overall to the mix as one way for the Broncos to get a deal done for Kaepernick.
New Lions WR Jeremy Kerley explained why he received so few opportunities last year while playing for the Jets.
“It was the opportunity. I didn’t get to actually play. That was the main reason,” Kerley said, via MLive.com. “New coaching staff came in, they already knew the guys they wanted to play. They already had their scheme going, and they wanted bigger receivers.”
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey, Ohio State DE Joey Bosa and UCLA LB Myles Jack would all be obvious picks for the Ravens at No. 6 overall.
- Zrebiec mentions that if these players are off the board by the time Baltimore is on the clock, it’s possible they could consider trading back and taking someone like Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves.
- Another option could be for them to draft Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley.
- Zrebiec mentions that if the Jets and the Broncos were to release D’Brickashaw Ferguson and Ryan Clady respectively, the Ravens would likely have interest in them. However, Zrebiec doesn’t think they would be willing to part with draft picks in a trade for either of them.
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned that they really like the contributions they got out of backup QB Tarvaris Jackson and are hoping to re-sign him.
“We really liked his contributions and he’s been a big factor for us and we would like to have him back if we could,’’ Carroll said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.