- Ian Rapoport reports 49ers HC Chip Kelly is not expected to hire members to his staff until Wednesday.
- Rapoport mentions Lions running game coordinator Curtis Modkins as a key candidate for San Francisco’s offensive coordinator role.
- Mike Klis of 9News NBC believes DE Mario Williams would be a good fit with the Broncos if they do not extend DE Malik Jackson this offseason.
- The Bills have yet to release Williams from the team, but reportedly plan on cutting him in the near future.
- Klis expects Jackson to command a contract that will pay between $10 million and $13 million per season.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that Dolphins offensive consultant Al Saunders is expected to join the Browns’ staff in some capacity.
- Saunders is believed to be one of the leading candidate for the Browns’ offensive coordinator vacancy.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN reports that Vikings RB coach Kirby Wilson will interview for the Browns’ running game coordinator position.
- Kevin Bowen of the Colts’ official site believes the Colts will use the franchise tag on QB Andrew Luck after the 2016 season if they cannot put together a suitable contract within the next year.
- The Colts announced they have signed DT Ricky Lumpkin to a reserve/future contract.
- Adam Caplan expects LB Kiko Alonso to line up at the Will linebacker position in DC Jim Schwartz‘s scheme. Caplan notes that Schwartz planned on using Alonso at that position while he was Buffalo’s defensive coordinator.
Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review notes that five key defensive players are set to become unrestricted free agents this offseason, including: CB William Gay, CB Antwon Blake, CB Brandon Boykin, FS Will Allen and SS Robert Golden.
Gay said he is excited to see how this defensive backs group progresses, but was not certain on his return to the team.
“Just how far (the secondary) came this season, being a younger group, I’m excited to see how it continues to grow,” Gay said, “if I’m back.”